Commercial Real Estate Auction
134 S. Third Street
Clarksburg, WV 26301
Wednesday, April 3rd at Noon
Registration & Inspection Begin at 11:00am
TWO VERSATILE COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS IN DOWNTOWN CLARKSBURG
The Former Broida’s Building
134 S. Third Street
The subject structure was originally built in the 1920s and housed the Broida’s fine clothing store for more than 50 years. It encompasses approximately 13,238 gross square feet and contains 6 floors, which includes a mezzanine above the first floor. The property has undergone extensive repairs and renovations within the last several years and is currently home to Embellishments, The Fifth Floor Lounge and a Former Day Spa. In addition to the square footage mentioned above, there is additional space on the rear roof of the second floor which is accessible from the third-floor stairwell. The entire building is sprinkled, all asbestos has been removed and all windows have been replaced. The Otis elevator motor has been rebuilt and the elevator is covered by a long-term Otis maintenance contract.
- The total gross square footage is approximately 13,238
- The 5th, 4th, and 3rd floors are approximately 1996 gross sq. ft. The second and first floors are approximately 2950 gross sq. ft. and the mezzanine is approximately 1350 gross sq. ft.
- The Fifth Floor Lounge features 2 bar areas, a stone fireplace, kitchen, and bath and also includes furniture, fixtures, and equipment
- The 4th Floor features 2 bathrooms, and ample storage space – easily converted to apartments
- The 3rd Floor was a former Day Spa with reception area, sauna, 3 full bathrooms, 3 offices, wet room and 4 treatment rooms
- The 2nd Floor was a former retail store – easily converted to apartments or retail
- The 1st Floor and Mezzanine currently house Embellishments Store, a very open retail space
- The entire building is protected by a wet sprinkler system which is fully alarmed, monitored and inspected annually.
- All of the original windows in the building have been replaced with energy-efficient double pane windows. The functional windows are double-hung.
- There is exit signage and emergency lighting at each stairwell and throughout the building.
- The stairwells on each floor are enclosed and fire-proofed.
- New electric service has been installed on each floor including new 3-phase service for the elevator. Sub-meters exist for each floor to measure usage separately.
- Alley access is available from the side and rear of first floor.
- The entire building is equipped with CO detectors, smoke detectors and fire alarms. It is fully compliant with code enforcement.
- The building contains a basement which houses some utilities and storage.
- The building contains 9 bathrooms, including 3 full baths with showers on the third floor.
Home Industry Bakery Building
128 S. Third Street
The adjacent two-story building, containing approximately 5700 gross sq. ft. is also available for sale. It currently houses Home Industry Bakery. The first floor features a retail store front and commercial kitchen. The second floor contains storage space and several offices. There is an additional store-front, which could be enclosed and accessible for an additional business.
EXTREMELY CONVENIENT TO PARKING IN JACKSON SQUARE AND THE CITY PARKING GARAGE
Both properties are included in the recently certified “Opportunity Zone” by the U.S. Department of Treasury. The designation will provide tax incentives for private investors who make capital investments in these areas.
REAL ESTATE TERMS: 10% nonrefundable down payment made day of auction with balance due at closing. No financing contingencies will be entered into the contract. Any required inspections must be completed prior to bidding. Property is being sold as is, where is with no warranty written or implied.
Property will be sold free and clear of all liens. 60 days given to close. Announcements sale day take precedence over all advertisements published. 10% Buyers Premium will be added to determine final contract price. Name of purchaser on contract must be the name of the winning bidder or an entity which the winning bidder legally represents. No exceptions. Real estate sold subject to owner confirmation.
AGENCY DISCLOSURE: Joe R. Pyle Auction and Realty Service is acting as Auctioneer/Agent and is an agent for the seller only.
DISCLAIMER: All information regarding the description of this property is derived from sources deemed reliable but not warranted. Information is believed to be correct to the best of auctioneer/agent’s knowledge but is subject to inspection and verification by all parties relying on it. Sellers, their representatives and auctioneer/agent shall not be liable for inaccuracies, errors, or omissions.
All square footage and other dimensions are approximate.
BUYER/BROKER INFORMATION: Commission will be paid to any properly licensed buyer’s broker who registers a successful buyer according to the Broker Participation Guidelines. Broker registration forms are available on our website or from the company office. Broker must be registered 24 hours prior to Auction. Brokers/Agents are not entitled to a commission if they are the purchaser.
We don’t just list your property – WE SELL IT!
JOE R. PYLE COMPLETE AUCTION & REALTY SERVICE
Joe R. Pyle, Broker
5546 Benedum Drive Shinnston West Virginia 26431
Joe R Pyle WV212
Charlotte Pyle WV2174
Alan Heldreth WV2224
Jordan Kiger WV2246
Bob Stewart, Jr WV825
Bob Stewart, III WV1292
Tia Wolski WV 2351A
Taylor Ramsey WV 2352A
Joe Panico WV 2353A